Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Quote van die dag...

Ek kom perongeluk op hierdie bladsy af (ek was opsoek na 'n quote van Jung!). Dit is wel nie Jung wat die volgende kwytgeraak het nie, maar die skrywer van die website:

"In my own belief, it is not just balance which we are approaching, but a time of constant and creative flux, one in which the balance is not about maintaining a perfect constant mix of gender attributes, but one in which we pick and choose constantly from the various attributes which we need at a given time, regardless of the gender to which we've arbitrarily assigned them. For myself, this means not worrying about external expectations of gender, and disregarding those social norms which tell me that if I'm "serious" about [my gender], I should wear lipstick, or get my ears pierced, or get my vocal cords surgically shortened to adopt a higher pitched voice. It means taking on roles which may sometimes be rigid and sometimes flexible, but primarily those roles which suit the situation best. It means not placing myself in the middle of specific spectra, but instead allowing myself to jump back and forth, to and fro, as the need suits me, across various traits and activities, calling my love and rage and hope and fear to whatever task I have before me."

Nou, die crux van die saak:

"In other words, it's not about gender. It's not about sex. It's not about being strong or weak. It's not about being rational or emotional. It's about that uniqueness of character, that complex intertwining of characteristics which can seem like complete opposites, but are really all just part of their own little system, interacting and bouncing off one another in synergistic glory, forming for myself that entire whole which is simply me."

Dit was in my oë nogal prolific. Ek wou dit graag met jul deel...

My wens is dat meer mense dinge so kan sien.



Lees die res hier.

1 Comments:

Blogger dorothy sê...

like that a lot

18 January 2007 at 15:37:00 SAST  

Post a Comment

<< Home